How is it already almost July? This year has been a whirlwind! It’s always helpful to come back and look over your goals and resolutions at the halfway mark. Heck, you could probably do it quarterly if you wanted, but that kind of stresses me out.
This year, I set out with three resolutions and four goals. Yes, I did separate them. Resolutions are something to make you better, and goals are things to achieve! Read more here! Let’s check in on my progress.
- Read two new books each month. I have been LOVING this resolution. In 2017, I tried to read one new book each month. So far, I have read 21 new books, plus all 7 Narnia books.
- Move. I’m all moved! Thank goodness I got out of Athens, and I’m starting to really enjoy Marietta! Mark this resolution as DONE.
- Write things down. I’m still working on this one. I find that I most often journal when I’m upset, so my journal is kind of depressing right now. I need to write down the good as well as the bad.
True story: I kind of forgot these existed, with the exception of my savings goal. I have my resolutions written down on my vision board, so I see them every day. Time to write these down!
- Save $10,000. I have not made as much progress on my savings as I wanted to. Logically, at this point, I should have about $5,000 saved. I’ve only saved a little over $3,000 at this point. My move was a bit more expensive and I had some funds tied up in work things. Hopefully I can be more aggressive now that things have settled down a bit.
- Pay off another loan group. Again, I haven’t quite had the money I wanted to in order to be able to do this. Fingers crossed I can achieve this goal by the end of the year.
- Cook one new recipe every week. Yeah, my move definitely did this goal in. Having family so close hasn’t helped either. Plus, I keep going back to my favorite meals!
- Go on 10 new hikes. I still have time for this! It got hot a lot faster than it should have this year. Olivia and I have tried one new hike that I absolutely LOVED! I have a lot more on my list that I want to try, so here’s to hoping for cooler weather!
All in, I thought I would have made more progress at this point than I have. However, the fact that I have made any progress at all should be celebrated!