Happy New Year! 18 is my lucky number, so I have high hopes for this year. It has to be better than the last two years, right? I’ll be moving, visiting San Diego, and who knows what else?! I’m going to be more intentional about my resolutions this year. I had six last year. Ron Swanson would have been very disappointed in me.
- Read two new books each month. Toward the end of 2017, I was getting two books finished about every six weeks, depending on how engrossing the books were. We have a book club at work, so I’m hoping that I can do one book club book and one “for me” book every month.
- Move. I have to get out of Athens. I had high hopes of buying a house (and investing, like I wanted to last year), but I have zero idea where I want to be so I think I’m going to end up renting again.
- Write things down. I don’t journal as much as I should. I either need to get a more interesting life, or just try and document some things.
I think that’s manageable! All three resolutions are positive and doable. I have some goals to, which I tend to think of differently than resolutions. Resolutions are things to better yourself whereas goals are things to achieve.
- Save $10,000.
- Pay off another loan group.
- Cook one new recipe every week.
- Go on 10 new hikes.
This year can’t let me down. It just can’t. I’ve had two less than ideal years in a row, so it’s time for some good. Do you hear that, universe? I’d like some good in my life please.
Happy New Year, friends! Let’s keep each other accountable this year.