Part of me is having a hard time believing how fast this year has gone by. The other part of me is super happy that 2017 is over. This last year wasn’t hard, per se, but it was a very uneventful year. I’m kind of bored. Anyway, at the end of each year, you get super reflective, looking back on what you’ve done and your resolutions for the last year. Let’s look back at my resolutions!
- Read at least one new book every month.
- Lose weight & tone up.
- Find one thing to be grateful for at the start and end of each day.
- Say yes to me more.
Let’s be real…six resolutions was over-ambitious. What on earth was I expecting?!
- I DID read a new book every month. Some months, I even read more than one. I’m thinking of maybe upping it to two new books every month in 2018. (Check back in on Monday!)
- I did develop some healthier habits in 2017! Though, I don’t think I specifically lost weight. I did have a doctor congratulate me on losing about 10lbs between visits, which was nice.
- This resolution died first. Like I said, 2017 was a very boring year. I can only be grateful for Olivia and alone time so many times before I stop feeling very grateful.
- I stuck this one out! I have missed a couple of days due to boringness and/or travel, but I’ve tried to get to it as much as possible.
- Saying yes to me has become saying no to other things. BUT I don’t hate it, so I guess I’ll keep doing it.
- Yeah, this didn’t happen either.
Man, I did poorly on keeping up with these resolutions. Next year, I’ll probably aim smaller. 18 is my lucky number, so I have some high expectations for next year. Cross some fingers for me, will you?