For years, I have been fighting with my teeth. Thanks to the wonderful generosity of my parents (not sarcastic at all), I was blessed with braces in middle school. I think that was the start of my teeth problems. I mean, for years, there were parts of my teeth that didn’t get brushed because I had metal pieces stuck all over. Man, braces are weird.
Moving forward, I’ve never been very pleased with the whiteness of my teeth. Around friends, I always felt like I had a more dull smile. I travel for work to conferences and various trade shows, and I always felt like my smile could be brighter.
You name it, I have tried just about every different way to whiten my teeth, both naturally and chemically (while being budget conscious…Yes, I can go to a dentist and get them professionally whitened, but that’s not realistic for my budget.). Have I also mentioned how sensitive my teeth and gums are. Some whitening treatments I’ve used in the past have pushed me to tears because of how uncomfortable I’ve been.
- Crest White Strips – These were the culprit for making me cry. The strips reached so far up to my gums (which is good for coverage) that it felt like salt in a wound.
- At Home Whitening Kits – These generally come with something that looks like a mouthguard. It’s a shorter time frame to keep it in, but it sure does make you drool for very little results.
- The Baking Soda/Hydrogen Peroxide/Toothpaste/Mouthwash Mix – Yes, this circles around Pinterest every so often. I will say that it is the most “gentle” on my teeth. However, I did have a reaction to it once and my lip blew up.
Needless to say, I’ve been searching for a whitening answer for years. Enter: Smile Brilliant.
Smile Brilliant is a professional oral care company, built by dental hygienists and professionals, to make at home teeth whitening and dental care easier and more convenient. Their products are vegan and cruelty free, which is just the greatest bonus. It’s super simple, at home teeth whitening. For an avid coffee and wine drinker, Smile Brilliant has been a great solution.
Instead of a “one size fits all” tray, you actually get molding putty in your kit! This means that your whitening trays are unique to you and your teeth. You get enough to make three trays, just in case you mess up. Seriously, Smile Brilliant has thought of everything! You send your molds away, and the magical dental lab creates your trays and sends them back. It took about 7-10 days to get the trays back from the lab. You even get a little case (like a retainer) so they’re clean and long-lasting. My favorite thing about these trays? They keep the gel off of my gums so my teeth don’t feel like they’re going to fall out!
Now, the whitening process itself can be a dash confusing, so here are some clear instructions for when you’re ready to start whitening.
- Brush your teeth with water, just to get any lingering food or nonsense off your teeth.
- Fill your trays with the Whitening Gel (Orange). You can get 3-4 treatments out of the syringe. I focused my application of the gel on the front of the trays (the part of my teeth visible to the world).
- Keep the trays in for “45 minutes to 3 hours.” For how sensitive my teeth are, I tapped out at about an hour for my maximum time. I got stuck on a conference call once and it was about an hour and a half and was a little big miserable. Props to those of you who can keep them in for longer.
- Rinse your trays in cool water and let them dry/pat them dry.
- Brush your teeth with toothpaste.
- Fill your trays with the Desensitizing Gel (purple). Again, keep the application to the front of the trays. I actually got 5 uses out of one Desensitizing Gel syringe.
- Keep the trays in for 15-20 minutes. This is a good deadline. It’s not like your teeth will become “more desensitized” the longer the trays stay in.
- Don’t eat or drink anything for 30 minutes. They recommend you whiten right before bed.
When you list it out like that, it’s super simple! All in, you’re whitening your teeth in less than two hours. Plus, the trays are super thin and flexible, so you don’t have to compromise anything. Take a shower, read a book, take a phone call. You might have a bit of a lisp (like a retainer or Invisalign), but you won’t be a drooly mess.
I mean, check out my before (left) and after! That’s after just one syringe of treatment (about 4 treatments). I’m so pleased with my results! I still have some whitening gel remaining so that I can do touch ups closer to big events. It’s so simple for great results. Really, how could you not fall in love with Smile Brilliant?
I want to help you fall in love with Smile Brilliant too! I’ve partnered with Smile Brilliant to give away $159 credit, which will get you one complete kit. That’s everything you see pictured above (plus your trays once they’ve been created)! Want to win? Head to this link to enter!
If you don’t want to try your luck at the giveaway and are too impatient, you can also save 15% off your kit with the code adventuresinnonsense15. The code can also be applied to gel refills in case you already have your kit at home.
Drop your questions in the comments below! You know I love to share all about products that I love. Here’s to whiter teeth in 2020! #SmileFearlessly
Note: This post is sponsored by the generosity of Smile Brilliant. All opinions shared are my own.Professional Teeth Whitening