I know I eat pasta salad a lot. Seriously, it’s just the most delicious and versatile food. It’s a great way to sneak in vegetables and jazz up a boring salad. Which brings me to my Perfect Pasta Salad recipe.
I make this all the time. It’s loosely based off of a pasta salad recipe my sister used to make, but I make it a little bit differently each time. I’ve made it for parties and girls’ nights, and it’s always a hit.
The Perfect Pasta Salad Recipe is very DIY, so switch in any of your favorites. I’ll keep the ingredient list very generic.
Perfect Pasta Salad Ingredients
- Short Pasta, cooked and cooled
- Salad Dressing/Vinaigrette – Try my homemade Italian Dressing!
Perfect Pasta Salad Directions
- Start with your greens. Generally, I opt for a spinach/arugula mix or kale.
- Top with your pasta. I love using orzo or ditalini because they’re small and simple to eat in something like this.
- Add your toppings and dressing! This is where it gets crazy versatile. I’ve added corn, craisins, carrots, feta, salsa, fresh fruit, really anything goes.
Now, insider tip: I will cook my pasta, dress it, and refrigerate overnight. This helps the dressing go farther so you use less. However, I always top with a bit more balsamic when I eat it.
The Perfect Pasta Salad is always a party pleaser. If you’re looking for a last minute to bring to an event, it’s easy to toss together! I always use the recipe as a way to get some extra vegetables into my diet too. If I know I’m going out a lot during a week or traveling, this is a great lunch to keep on track.