Any given day, I would rather have a sweet potato fry than a regular potato fry. It’s been my quest since I moved into this new apartment to find the perfect sweet potato fry. After a lot of tries…most of them extremely mediocre…I have achieved the perfect, delicious sweet potato fry. This is a really great recipe, because you can pair it with my recipe for roasted broccoli too! These one sheet pan meals/sides are so easy and delicious. Plus, it’s less to clean! Everyone loves that.
Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet Potato, quantity and size are your choosing
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Seasoning Salt
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop up your sweet potato. You can do more of a fry shape, but I like the more “rustic” chop pictured above.
- Drizzle on olive oil. This was a fairly small sweet potato, so I used about 2 tablespoons. You want them to be just moist (not overly oiled). Stir.
- Add cornstarch. For my small sweet potato, I used about a teaspoon. Stir until you can’t really see any more white of the cornstarch.
- Add seasoning. You can really do whatever you’d like here. Add some Chili Powder, Ranch seasoning, etc. Stir until fries are covered.
- Lay out on a cookie sheet, and bake for 25-30 minutes. Depending on the size of your sweet potato fries, they may take more or less time.
That’s it! Super easy to do. To cook the broccoli with mine, I put the sweet potato fries in for five minutes, and then added the broccoli for the other 20 minutes. Of course, I enjoyed the sweet potato fries with my everything sauce!