I’ve been feeling pretty lazy with my proteins recently…popcorn chicken, peanut butter & jelly sandwich…I haven’t been feeling very creative with my main course. With that being said, I’ve got another delicious zucchini recipe to share! The last time I shared a zucchini recipe, it was for my Roasted Vegetables. This time, I’ve added a bit of an Italian twist. This is a super easy recipe, and really quick to whip up if you need a vegetable to pair with your dinner. Add some pasta, and make it your main entree even.
Italian Style Zucchini
- Garlic, minced
- Onion, chopped
- Olive Oil
- Tomato Sauce (of your choice)
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Dried Basil
- Whole Oregano
- Saute some onions and minced garlic with olive oil until the onions are translucent.
- Add in tomato sauce over medium heat. For one small zucchini, I used about 3/4 of a cup.
- Add seasonings. Stir and simmer for about a minute.
- Add zucchini. Cover.
- Simmer for about 10-15 more minutes. I wanted my zucchini a bit more on the “crunchy” side, so I did 10 minutes.
That’s all! I’m telling you, this is a super easy recipe! It was full of flavor too. I used a pretty basic tomato sauce (leftover from my Italian Inspired Pizza), but you can shake that up. There are a ton of varieties in the pasta aisle. Like most of the recipes I like to share, the seasonings are customizable too.
When it comes to cooking, keep it simple. Chances are, you already have everything on hand for this recipe. I have a bit leftover for lunch, so I’m excited for the flavors to continue mingling for enhanced flavor.
Don’t forget to subscribe on the right if you want delicious recipes like this delivered right to your inbox! Thanks for joining in my adventure!