If I keep talking about how quickly the time is going, will it slow down? September has been quite the trying month, with a lot of unforeseen circumstances. I’ve restructured my job a bit which has resulted in taking on an absurd amount of responsibilities…hello, stress! My favorite things this September are a bit less tangible than previous months.
- Top of the hour workouts. I’ve mentioned these a bit before. I have an alarm set for the top of the hour every day, from about 9am-3pm. Each time it goes off, I do a 60 second plank, 50 crunches, and 20 squats. Not only does it help me refresh my mind, but it also gets me up out of my desk chair once an hour.
- DELETING SNAPCHAT. Yes, I deleted Snapchat, thank goodness. I’ll miss out on some dog videos from a couple of people, but it’s also one fewer place for me to see people enjoying their lives and making me feel bad about myself.
- My new pillow. I’ve been plagued by headaches and stiffness for so long. I already have a memory foam mattress topper (lifesaver!), but I’ve been on the hunt for something to help with the headaches. I was chugging water and taking vitamins, and nothing was making a difference in the daily headaches. Then, one lovely day at Sam’s Club, I saw the pillow I’ve been eyeing and bought it. I feel so much better! I cannot advocate enough for this pillow.
- Baking in the kitchen again! Stupid summer heat kept me from turning the oven on too much. However, now that it’s “cooling down”, I’ve been back in the kitchen baking. I tried making Fluffy Ginger Snaps and Lemon Zucchini Bread too! I also tried Zucchini Brownies, but need to make them again so they’re beautiful enough to document and post for y’all.
- Adult coloring. Yes, I know the fad has gone away, but an hour passes quickly! It’s also helped me de-stress too. Normally, I opt for word and logic puzzles, but I still have a ton of those on hand.
Note: This post contains affiliate links so I may receive a small commission from sales generated (at no cost to you!).