Here’s to a new year! 2019 has to be better than 2018. I have high hopes for this year for a few different reasons.
Last year, my word of the year was “intention”. I failed pretty miserably at living with intention. In 2019, my word is flourish: grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way, especially as the result of a particularly favorable environment.
In an effort to intentionally make 2019 better, I treated myself to PowerSheets back in October! They denied my affiliate application, so the link is just because they’re great. The heart is that you explore your life and what you want and what you love. From there, you can set up to 10 goals (or more!) that you want to achieve over the year. There are mini goals as well, but these 10 are more big picture goals for 2019.
Goals for 2019
- Buy a house. Ahhhhh!!! I’m pumped for this one. I’ve spent so long paying more in rent than I would in a mortgage. Have I mentioned that my apartment complex has shut off the water in the complex or my building four times in one month? I’m ready to grow some roots and make something happen for myself.
- Improve physical fitness and become more confident. Losing a particular number of pounds can be difficult, especially if you’re doing exercises to help build muscle. Really, I just want to be in better shape overall.
- Develop and show my love for others more often. I definitely enjoy showing my love by purchasing gifts, writing notes, or making something in the kitchen. I have family all over the country, and we could all use a little more love.
- Be a better adult. This one is very broad. I have a bad habit of keeping my clean clothes in the hamper for days or using clean dishes from the dishwasher and letting them pile up in the sink. I don’t take a daily vitamin. I don’t know how to do my own taxes. It’s time to grow up and be a better adult, even if I’m by myself.
- Nurture positive mental health. Most people in my life will tell you that I get easily overwhelmed by emotions, especially negative ones. Whether it’s stress or anger, it tends to consume me for a bit. That’s not healthy.
- Make money from blogging. I’m trying to buy a house this year! I need all the extra income I can get. Plus, it would make me feel better if all of the time I put into these posts brings in some cash.
- Build a fierce community online and offline. I need to venture out more and become involved in my community. From shopping locally to trying new restaurants, I just need more.
- Boost and improve professional development. In 2018, I became a certified event and wedding planner. In 2019, I’m looking more into project management. Plus, I’m working on reading one non-fiction book a month.
- Reconnect with my Catholicism. This helps with my positive mental health as well! Church communities are great, and it would help me with number seven too!
- Become financially sound. Buying a house and becoming financially sound seem counter-intuitive. However, there is a reason for selecting this last goal. I need to be smarter about saving. I need to learn how to do my own taxes.
I have high hopes for 2019! I will make this a good year. Will you?