Oh, if only I could go back and prepare 2017 Caroline for the horror that was 2018. Y’all, my favorite number failed me. I had both resolutions and goals for 2018. I did pretty well on the 2018 resolutions…not so well on my goals. I have plans to change that in 2019.
- Read two new books per month. I blew this one out of the water. I was able to complete 45 books in 2018! Here’s to hoping I can reach my 2019 reading goal.
- Move. I moved! Marietta is my new home (for now). I have some moving goals for 2019 too.
- Write things down. Now, it was a hard year, so my journal is a bit depressing to read. I definitely did not write as much as I had originally intended, but I tried a bit. I’m working on a different nighttime routine for 2019.
- Save $10,000. This did not happen. Man, this was absurdly ambitious. I moved somewhere with a higher cost of living and didn’t receive a raise, so saving was tighter. Our quarterly bonuses were removed from the company, so there wasn’t much there. That, and y’all aren’t really clicking those links I share. I have some new budgeting ideas for 2019 that I’ll be sharing in January.
- Pay off another loan group. I forgot this was a separate goal! I did actually achieve this one, which contributed to my inability to save as much as I wanted.
- Cook one new recipe every week. Cooking new recipes is hard…and expensive. This will continue on to be a good goal into 2019.
- Go on 10 new hikes. This is another goal I did not achieve. I tried a few new trails around my new home that I loved. I also climbed Mount Yonah again…which I hated.
I had high hopes for myself for each 2018 resolution and goal. If each of these were weighted equally, I would have earned myself about 64%. Technically, that’s failing, but I won’t get too bogged down in that.
I’ve been harping on 2019, but I’m ready for it. It’s time to grow up, become an adult, and make things happen!